Pages



Saturday, May 14, 2016

Contentment

The Lord has called us to Texas. To move and make a life there. He has spoken that promise over our lives. We have disclosed this to friends and family and started making plans. The thing about it is that God gave us this word, but did not give us a time frame. Obviously, we thought it was going to happen in the immediate future and when things didn't come together as we would have liked, we had to being to press into God and reevaluate. This reevaluation process has come with a lot of frustration, tears and pride. My biggest issue with the whole thing has been "Well, I've told people about it...what are they going to think if we don't go right now?". God has had to really work on me and honestly, there is still a hint of pride there but, through the power of my heavenly Father, I am working on it! He has given us a timeframe. He is preparing us, molding us and equipping us for when we do embark on that adventure. Not everyone will understand because is not meant for them to understand and that's ok. That is not my concern. Obedience to God is my concern. There is such freedom in that!

A big thing that I have been praying for is contentment. Contentment with who I am, where we live, what we are doing in this season of life. It has not been easy and it's a process. I realize that people will have their opinions, thoughts and comments but our journey and path is not for them. I made the comment yesterday about how I wanted to be like Noah. He heard from and obeyed the Lord, regardless of what others thought or said and he was saved! That's pretty powerful!


The bible doesn't say "Make other's opinions and reactions the center of all you do", it says " I keep my eyes ALWAYS on the Lord. With Him at my right hand,, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8 (emphasis added). In my life, I have always tried my hardest to please those around me. My parents, family, friends, the church... and I usually failed miserably. Now I am striving for my heavenly reward. I don't want to gain the world and lose my soul. I want to please my Daddy, God. I challenge you to do the same. Let go of your worries about what other people think or say. Be content with who God made you and where he has you right now! He loves you and knows every single thing about you. He sent His son to die for us and all of our junk! I deserve the suffering and shame of the cross but God loved me enough to spare me from that! The least I can do is be content and thankful.


I am so happy to be on this journey and I am thankful for a God who answers prayer. Through this He is changing our hearts and minds. We are reading and leaning into God. Drawing our strength from Him. I have learned a new way to pray. He has given my husband a fire and a hunger for His word that I never imagined would happen. He has elevated us to places I never thought possible! I always figured that more money and more "stuff" would make me happy but I am learning that if I put my hope in the Lord, He will make me rich spiritually!


                                                                                              In Him,
                                                                                                     Kennedy













No comments :