Pages



Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My first blog post. Wow. That's heavy. Before I sat down to write, I prayed for the Lord to help me be an encouragement to someone. I want to capture every aspect of this journey in hopes that the Lord will be glorified and someone, even just one person, will be encouraged. I plan to be real, raw and unapologetic in my sharing. I've spent too much of my life being sorry for things I've said or done and I've spent too much of my life worrying about what other people think of me. I am who God says I am and that's all that matters. This blog is about healing, restoration and new life. It's about HOPE! Hope that I've found in Jesus. To get started, I want to share with you a verse that has been on my heart the past couple of days while I've been preparing to write:



In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
John 1:1

On this journey, I have dove into His Word. That's where I'm at right now. Learning, clinging to and studying His word. Never before in my life have I had a desire to read and study my bible like I do now. It has opened up my eyes to a relationship that I can have with God that I never realized was available. It's exciting!

You may ask what my blog name means...A Pliable Heart? Well, in all honesty, it was supposed to be On The Potter's Wheel, but that domain name was already taken. Just one of the few roadblocks in this process. The day I found out the name I wanted was already accounted for, I got discouraged, frustrated and annoyed. I wondered how I was supposed to have a blog about being changed when I couldn't have the daggone blog name that fit perfectly! God had another plan, though. You will see as time goes on, that that is the theme of my life currently; I have one plan but God has another. As annoying as that is, I'm glad for it. I know that God's way is the best way (cue Veggie Tales song). Anyway, in my blog name setback, I attended a bible study at my church. Our pastor was teaching on being anointed, appointed and ordained by God. He spoke of how God is preparing each and every one of us and how it is the enemy's job to give us hell. In the midst of all of that he talked about having a pliable heart. As soon as those words left his lips, I KNEW that that was my blog name! Since then I have taken notes, jotted down scriptures, phrases and ideas that I could incorporate into my blog. I truly am being transformed and renewed by God. Just like it says in Romans 12:2 " Let God Transform you into a new person by changing the way you think (NLT)" . My desire is to have a pliable heart. A heart that God can make and mold and change into something that will glorify and uplift Him. For now, that's all I have. Thanks for stopping by!


                                                                                 Until next time,
                                                                                                Kennedy

15 comments :

Unknown said...

I am blessed to be able to read and follow your blog. I can't wait until your next post. How can I get notification when you post? How do I sign up to follow you?

Unknown said...

I am blessed to be able to read and follow your blog. I can't wait until your next post. How can I get notification when you post? How do I sign up to follow you?

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your first blog and look forward to reading more. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your first blog and look forward to reading more. Blessings!

A Pliable Heart said...

Thank you, Danyel! That truly means a lot! I'm not entirely sure about how you can sign up to see my posts but I will find out and let you know!

A Pliable Heart said...

Thank you, Sister Toni! I appreciate you reading it!

A Pliable Heart said...

ok! I figured it out! at the top right of the web page, there is a "follow by email" section now! I didn't realize that I had to manually add it! Put your email in there and you wont miss any of my posts!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I am so happy and proud of the strong woman of God you are. You are truly a blessing in my life and I am lucky to call you my wife. God definitely had a plan and now it is being revealed. I love you!

Dalton Moss said...

I am so proud of you. I am so happy and proud of the strong woman of God you are. You are truly a blessing in my life and I am lucky to call you my wife. God definitely had a plan and now it is being revealed. I love you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looking forward in reading more blogs..Abundantly blessed you will be on your journey with God

Unknown said...

Hooray! Prayers of support and encouragement here. Excited to follow you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations & best wishes on this journey. You have a lot of support.

Molly Rinehart said...

Kennedy you're a blessing! This is my first blog read.... Amazing my dear! Keep holding on to Jesus!�� I can't wait to read more!��

Molly Rinehart said...

Sorry the emoji symbols turned into question marks. I'll know next time no emojis. Lol