Pages



Friday, June 8, 2018

Freedom

What does freedom look like to you? For me, it looks like liberation from bondage. In my case, bondage is defined as negative mindsets, fear, and unrealistic expectations. Sometimes I have a hard time trusting God (gasp!). It is flipping hard some days. Yes, God is good all the time and all the time God is good. The problem is not with Him, it's with me. It says in 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom". What does that mean? I had a revelation recently and the Lord showed me that when we become born again we are given the Holy Spirit, he dwells INSIDE of us. That in turn, means that because the Spirit of the Lord is IN us, freedom is also IN us. Because, "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom"!!! That encouraged the heck out of me. We automatically have freedom, we just have to take hold of it. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, faith is not about feelings. We have to push past the junk, the mindsets, the lies and walk in the freedom that is inside of us.

"So if the Son sets you free, you WILL be free indeed." John 8:36 NIV (emphasis mine)

He is good and we are liberated.

4 comments :

Danielle Rebon said...

Come on now!!! Freedom is there for the taking for all of us but we have to choose to walk in it instead of the fear that wants to rule our hearts and minds!!

Kayla-Ann Myers said...

Faith is not about feelings.... a certain someone has been trying to drill that into my head and it didn't click until recently... but it's so true! ��

Unknown said...

Freedom often comes when we totally surrender to God’s will and let Him steer our course!

Kenzie said...

Yes girl!! If we could all accept the freedom we have in a Christ, our world would look so different! Love you and your wisdom!